The Northern Economic Leaders
The Northern Economic Leaders (NEL) is an apolitical business leader’s network that supports growth in northern Adelaide both socially and economically. NEL provides a forum for leaders to share their collective knowledge, influence government policy and bring together firms to make northern Adelaide the best place in South Australia to run a business.
Operating as a group since 2007 this group is now formalising their operations to be a incorporated association operating regionally across northern Adelaide. This follows strong interest in having stronger business leadership in northern Adelaide and with the development of the Northern Economic Plan and a cross-government focus on northern Adelaide, there was a strong push from business to formalise this group and evolve it into a regional structure.
Now it’s your time to be involved- Inaugural AGM 21 March 2017
Now we are engaging local businesses to register their interest becoming a member in the lead up to NEL inaugural AGM on Tuesday 21 March 4-6pm, Mawson Lakes Hotel Function Centre. Membership is open for Northern Adelaide businesses of all shapes and sizes.
For more information and how to become a member of the Northern Economic Leaders see
Some Successes to date
- Minister Kyam Maher MLC Minster for Automotive Transformation and Manufacturing announced the development of Northern Adelaide Economic Plan at recently hosted business event.
- Connected local businesses with thought leaders such as serial entrepreneur Raymond Spencer, Chair of Economic Development Board on the opportunities and visions for northern Adelaide in a state context.
- Input and feedback on local, State and Federal priorities and developments within the region including the State Manufacturing Strategy.
- Secured a jointly funded position to support local manufactures benefit from the rollout of the State Manufacturing Strategy initiatives.
- Members provided feedback and input on councils’ investment attraction campaigns.
- Committed to a range of workforce solutions to seek to provide local workforces opportunities.
- Hosted showcase events for the local businesses to celebrating local business thriving including SAAB Technologies, Osmoflo & Lifestyle Bakery.
- Held a workshop on local business who a succeeding in doing business with China (Hot Property Group, Michell Wool, Scholle)
- Showcased new and pending investments in the region at with support opportunities for local businesses.
- Shared the success of local companies and technologies adapting to high energy costs. This included Bickfords, Tindo Solar and expert insights from Sinclair Knight Merz.
- On-site tour of members businesses to share and demonstrate business practices to allow members to learn from each other’s operations.
- Provided connections to programs and grants which could assist local business growth and development.
What’s your views?
If you have a view on what could support economic development we would like to hear from you. Contact Ben Kirchner, Senior Economic Development Officer 8260 8205 or visit the Polaris Centre.